Paid For By:
Stough for Sanders County Sheriff
4 Lake Drive, Heron, MT 59844
As a former active duty MARINE with nearly 3 decades of experience in the public and private sector; Chris is a degreed professional with a broad spectrum of experience that will contribute to making informed decisions in preserving the peace within our community. Chris has held executive positions in industries to include Technology, Energy, Risk and Threat Mitigation & Philanthropy. In the public sector, Chris contracts with various National Defense Agencies providing training, mentoring and support for our nations top military and policing agencies.
Chris is a proven leader having developed and taught leadership courses to fortune 500 and 1000 companies in over 90 locations in the U.S. Chris has a passion for fostering synergy and building solutions. Chris will “listen” to your issues and work hard to create long-term solutions that will make our beautiful Sanders County an even better place to live!
Chris has a passion for serving his community:
Noxon School Board – Trustee & Bargaining Committee Member
· Collaborating with other board members, Administration and Faculty in the best interest of our Children & Community.
Montana State Party Delegate
· Attended Platform Convention and Resolutions committee that was able to pass 3 resolutions to the platform, including a Severely Disabled Veterans Resolution for property tax relief.
Student Veterans of America – Ambassador
· Endowed a life-time Annual Veterans Scholarship program in coordination with the Collegiate Foundation.
· Established and delivered training for college faculty and administrators on Veteran PTSD awareness.
Student Veterans of America – President
· Devised fund-raising events
· Assisted Veterans Advisement
· Coordinated Facility Activities
Longs Peak Rotary Club – Board Member / Treasurer
· Assisted in the organization a new charter for the Rotary club supporting national and international philanthropic efforts.
· Provided financial oversight
Technical Advisor - Colorado Governors Energy Office
· Assisted in policy advisement on programs for Photovoltaic and Sustainable Energy Solutions and State Incentive Programs.
· Provided Technical oversight on approved Grid-Tied and Off-Grid energy systems.
Golden Seeds Project – Liaison & Subject matter Expert
· International efforts engaged in education and provisioning for villages in SE Asia
3P Foundation, LLC (International NGO) – Executive Director
· Collaborated with Military, Public & Private sectors in S.E. Asia and the United States in areas of Emergency Response, Disaster Aid, Mercy Missions, Medical Services and Sustainability to Asia Pacific Region.
Ethics Committee – Poudre Valley Health Systems
· Initiated and developed public talking points on end-of-life decisions for children and their families.
· Provided information and training to new Residents on Comfort Care provisioning and communication with families facing child-loss.
Chris comes from a background with strong work ethics and a love for country, community & family. His father was a farmer and a factory worker and his mother was a homemaker. He grew up hunting, fishing, and growing most of the family provisions; and understands the importance of being a good steward to his community.
Growing up in a small rural setting, Chris understands the challenges of living in a remote area. Knowing how to prioritize funding and achieving the most from a limited budget is paramount for areas like Sanders County. He also knows that issues such as road maintenance, law enforcement resources, energy and infrastructure, and employment require constant consideration. As a natural problem solver, Chris commits to listening to the community members and engaging in efforts to improve these and other areas within Sanders County.
Chris is also a vehement supporter of our freedoms and liberties. He supports our 1st and 2nd amendment rights and our constitution as we are all sworn to uphold. He is rooted in a community with traditions of patriotism and service to country and community. As a community member, he believes strong communities evolve by being good neighbors. Contrary to some current diction, he believes it is possible to disagree on some things, but still to work together as a community to create a better quality of life.
As a Sanders County Sheriff, Chris will listen, serve, and work pragmatically towards the needs of the collective voice of our beautiful community while securing the life, liberty and property of its citizens..
You deserve to be heard! I'll LISTEN and work hard for YOU! Your donation is an opportunity to be part of a community working together! THANK YOU!
With the FABULOUS owners of The Hereford in Noxon. Check it out!
Don Jr. and I at the Montana Republican Platform Convention. We passed 3 resolutions, including support for Severely Disabled Vets. This was an initiative started by my friend, Capt. Scott O'Brady of Texas - the pilot that the movie, "Behind Enemy Lines" was based upon.
After work with a great T